In addition to this year’s outcomes-oriented design challenges, we’ll also be hosting discussions that frame core issues at the intersections of media, freedom, and the web. These fireside chats will help give context to the important questions being tackled in our design challenges.
Fireside chats will run on Saturday and Sunday, with a full schedule coming soon. Just a few of the discussion facilitators we’re looking forward to hearing from include:
- Mitchell Baker
- Ben Hammersley, Dangerous Precedent
- Lewis Brindley and Simon Lane, Producers of the Yogscast
- Behind the Scenes: Al Jazeera’s Live Blogs during Arab Spring
- Daniel Brusilovsky, Teens in Tech & James Whelton, Coder DoJo on web entrepreneurship for youth
- Under the Hood of Knight-Mozilla with Dan Sinker and Knight VP Michael Maness