Join the Hive London Pop-Up Experience and play with the web!
Featuring Hive Learning Network, WNYC Radio Rookies, Hackasaurus, DreamYard, Institute of Play, Young Rewired State, The Art Institute of Chicago, Digital Youth Network, Free Spirit Media, YOUmedia, Bay Area Video Coalition, Ravensbourne University, Apps for Good, Digital Me and more!
The Hive London Pop-Up is open to schools (November 4) and families (November 5) from 11am-6pm. This fair/lab invites teens ages 13-18 to play and participate in a range of activities that interest them most. Through everything from paper prototyping and multimedia production to building/remixing websites and blogging, kids will gain access to new, digital tools that they can continue to experiment and create with beyond the festival.
Working with the educational organizations listed above, kids will:
- Become digital storytellers – produce podcasts and short films for the web, write blogs
- Hack/remix boardgames and websites
- Design a digital hang-out space
- Share personal reflections about “freedom” and “remembrance”
- Learn how to use and build apps
- Play games
- Get inspired by other teen makers
The event will take place on the Ground Floor of Ravensbourne College (details on how to get there).
Schools & young people can sign up for free.
If you are an educator or run a youth program, please get in touch with festival at mozilla dot org to get involved.